Recent Poll Found Out These Nine Stats on Pets:
Just wanted to share!! Happy National Pet Day!!
1. There are 85 million dogs in America, and over 60 million cats. That's not even including strays.
2. 40% of us are "dog people," and 20% are "cat people." Just over 30% like both equally, and 8% don't like cats OR dogs.
3. We don't trust people as much if they don't like pets. Over a third of Americans say it makes someone seem less trustworthy.
4. 91% of pet owners say their pet is "part of the family." 33% of dog owners also say their dog is one of their "best friends." 21% of cat owners said the same . . . but 14% also just feel like their cat's "servant" sometimes.
5. 83% of Americans think pets are "capable of love." 88% of dog owners think their dog loves them. 81% of cat owners said the same.
6. More than half of pet owners let their pets sleep with them. 60% said yes, at least sometimes.
7. Most cat and dog owners have talked to their pet "at length" before. So, not just one or two words, but full conversations. 60% of dog owners and 52% of cat owners said they do it.
8. 58% of us think walking a cat on a leash is fine. Only 6% "strongly disapprove" of it.
9. 56% of pet owners have bought their pet a birthday or Christmas present before. 38% have thrown a party or "birthday celebration" for a pet. And 24% have dressed them up in a costume for a special occasion.
10. 48% of Americans think pets can go to heaven. 95% of people in that group think THEIR pet will go to heaven.