In a recent Zoosk survey of 600 singles, 93% indicated that they were excited about a return to in-person dating.
Yet overall, the level of excitement for the return of the date night is rising. 42% of singles say they’re most looking forward to getting coffee or drinks with a date, 40% of singles say they’re excited about sharing a meal in a restaurant, and 18% say they can’t wait to see a movie with someone special.
With this in mind, the team at Zoosk looked into how much these romantic dates might cost across the US.
The average cost of a date night in the US is $97.67.
However, in some cities it’s far more expensive.
New York City tops the list: if you’re planning on taking someone for dinner, drinks, and a movie in NYC it will set you back an average of $150.00. At the other end of the scale is Des Moines: a date night in the biggest city in Iowa costs an average of $72.00 – less than half the cost of a date in New York.
- New York City, New York: $150
- Honolulu, Hawaii: $130.50
- Boston, Massachusetts: $126.00
- Seattle, Washington: $122.00
- Los Angeles, California: $121.00
- Washington DC: $119.00
- Chicago, Illinois: $115.50
- Burlington, Vermont: $111.00
- Las Vegas, Nevada: $110.50
- Anchorage, Alaska: $110.00
- Virginia Beach, Virginia: $109.50
- Baltimore, Maryland: $107.50
- Denver, Colorado: $106.07
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin: $106.00
- Nashville, Tennessee: $105.00
- Providence, Rhode Island: $104.74
- Charleston, South Carolina: $104.00
- Minneapolis, Minnesota: $103.00
- Manchester, New Hampshire: $102.24
- Charlotte, North Carolina: $100.00
- Kansas City, Missouri: $99.00
- Columbus, Ohio: $98.00 = New Orleans, Louisiana: $98.00
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: $97.00
- Phoenix, Arizona: $96.00 = Portland, Oregon: $96.00
- Indianapolis, Indiana: $95.50
- Salt Lake City, Utah: $94.50
- Newark, New Jersey: $94.00
- Boise, Idaho: $93.00
- Louisville, Kentucky: $91.00 = Portland, Maine: $91.00
- Bridgeport, Connecticut: $90.50
- Atlanta, Georgia: $90.34
- Billings, Montana: $89.99
- Birmingham, Alabama: $87.50
- Fargo, North Dakota: $87.26
- Houston, Texas: $86.00
- Little Rock, Arkansas: $85.98
- Jacksonville, Florida: $85.50
- Wilmington, Delaware: $85.48
- Jackson, Mississippi: $85.00
- Wichita, Kansas: $84.00
This story was written by ZOOSK.COM